A trailer for the tower-defence, RTS style game Infested Planet has been released in-line with its introduction to Steam. Due for release on 6th March, Infested Planet puts you in the shoes of a commander and is squad, as you attempt to hold off the alien swarm in a desperate, heroic last stand.
You can take charge of your squad and outsmart the ever-growing and mutating enemy masses with weapons and defense buildings. However Infested Planet promises to keep you busy with a number of mutations to aid the enemy, meaning you must adapt your attack and defence to beat the campaign and take back the planet. Equip your team with stealth suits, mini-guns, grenade launchers and much more, with the option to improve your weaponry throughout the campaign.
• Real time tactical squad combat
• Fight thousands of enemies at once
• Procedural maps and random mutation system keep the game fresh
• Compete with other players for Weekly Challenge supremacy
• A lengthy campaign in which you develop new weapons
• 21 Human weapons and buildings for you to wield
• 33 Alien mutations to keep you on your toes
Words by Louise Egan